So what does this mean for Christians? Quite simply, it means the return of our Lord is that much closer and we should be in prayer for Israel.
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Rev 22:12
We have been following the story of Trump’s promise to move the American Embassy to Jerusalem essentially recognizing it as the capital of Israel. Tomorrow we shall see if he makes good on his promise.
If Trump delivers, we can expect the following prophecy, which started in 1948 with Israel’s founding, to amplify and continue to play out:
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. Zec 12:2-3
One note of interest is tomorrow also marks 7 days before the beginning of Hanukah and on this day in history:
On the 25th of Kislev in the year 139 BC, the Maccabees liberated the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, after defeating the vastly more numerous and powerful armies of the Syrian-Greek king Antiochus IV, who had tried to forcefully uproot the beliefs and practices of Judaism from the people of Israel. The victorious Jews repaired, cleansed and rededicated the Temple to the service of G-d. But all the Temple’s oil had been defiled by the pagan invaders; when the Jews sought to light the Temple’s menorah (candelabra), they found only one small cruse of ritually pure olive oil. Miraculously, the one-day supply burned for eight days, until new, pure oil could be obtained. In commemoration, the Sages instituted the 8-day festival of Chanukah, on which lights are kindled nightly to recall and publicize the miracle.
Will the world change as we know it tomorrow and are you ready for what comes next……
For the first time in 2,000 years, a group of Kohanim (men of the Jewish priestly caste) living close to Jerusalem’s Old City are studying the relevant Jewish laws to be able to ascend the Temple Mount and enter the Holy of Holies, where God’s presence is said to dwell.
Despite Arab threats, thousands march around Old City walls, marking beginning of Tisha B’Av.
Jesus is the only solution, and one day He will come for His people.
In leaked recording, US President Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor sounds uncertain whether the administration could find a ‘unique’ solution to the decades old conflict; addressing the Temple Mount crisis, he says ‘a lot of seemingly logical measures taken that somehow became a little bit incendiary.’
The prophetic landscape has been relatively calm since the election of November 2016. The world stock market economies are flourishing and the world “seems” to be on the road to recovery, at least on the surface that is. But we know beneath the endless mirage of pomp and show is a swirling pit of destruction, slowly but surely coming to fruition. It seems we are quickly running out of time and something big is coming very soon; should it be the Rapture or a large prophetic fulfillment, time will tell.
The unrest at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is quickly coming to a head and as I write this post, it is currently the 9th of Av in Israel. We know the Temple mount belongs to Israel, but there rages a seemingly endless, fierce debate as to whom it belongs too. Let us not forget the words of the Lord below:
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. Zec 12:2
Whether we see prophecy unfold on this day or in the near future, it is important to know that historically the 9th of Av has been a day of judgment against Israel. Below are the details from a previous post.
- After Moses sent 12 spies into the land of Canaan, the spies return on the eighth day of Av and report that the land is unconquerable. That night, the 9th of Av, the people cry. They did not believe that God could help them, and the people as a whole were persuaded that it was not possible to take the land. As a result, the entire nation was made to wander in the desert for 40 years Numbers 13, 14.
- The First Temple was destroyed on the 9th of Av (423 BCE).
- The second Temple was destroyed on the 9th of Av (68 CE).
- Betar, the last stronghold in the heroic Bar Kochba rebellion, fell to the Romans on the 9th of Av of the year 3893 (133 CE) after a three-year siege. 580,000 Jews died by starvation or the sword, including Bar Kochba, the leader of the rebellion.
- The Jews of England were expelled by King Edward I on the 9th of Av in 1290.
- The Jews of Spain were expelled by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella on the 9th of Av of 1492, terminating many centuries of flourishing Jewish life in that country.
- World War II and the Holocaust, historians conclude, was actually the long drawn-out conclusion of World War I that began in 1914. Germany declared war on Russia, effectively catapulting the First World War into motion, on the 9th of Av.
Ironically, even though the Temple mount belongs to Israel, the actual temple was most likely in the City of David a few hundred feet below the disputed mount. Thanks to my watcher friend Jason, attached is an excellent video that provides overwhelming evidence for the real location of the temple and resolves the issue of how Israel will be able to build the coming temple.
In another prophetic move, Putin signs Syria base deal, cementing Russia’s presence there for half a century.
And… “An artificial intelligence system being developed at Facebook has created its own language. It developed a system of code words to make communication more efficient. Researchers shut the system down when they realized the AI was no longer using English”.
In the words of Jesus as He stated many times, it is more important now than ever to: “And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch”. Mar 13:37