This topic has always been one of controversy, but is vital to the understanding of the overall biblical narrative. I have written extensively on it and would highly recommend reading the post below if you are new to this subject in the order given. You may want to start with the video of, in my opinion, two biblical scholars that discuss the Gap.
As you listen and read, keep in mind the following verses:
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1Jo 1:5
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen 1:2
The prophetic landscape has been relatively calm since the election of November 2016. The world stock market economies are flourishing and the world “seems” to be on the road to recovery, at least on the surface that is. But we know beneath the endless mirage of pomp and show is a swirling pit of destruction, slowly but surely coming to fruition. It seems we are quickly running out of time and something big is coming very soon; should it be the Rapture or a large prophetic fulfillment, time will tell.
The unrest at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is quickly coming to a head and as I write this post, it is currently the 9th of Av in Israel. We know the Temple mount belongs to Israel, but there rages a seemingly endless, fierce debate as to whom it belongs too. Let us not forget the words of the Lord below:
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. Zec 12:2
Whether we see prophecy unfold on this day or in the near future, it is important to know that historically the 9th of Av has been a day of judgment against Israel. Below are the details from a previous post.
- After Moses sent 12 spies into the land of Canaan, the spies return on the eighth day of Av and report that the land is unconquerable. That night, the 9th of Av, the people cry. They did not believe that God could help them, and the people as a whole were persuaded that it was not possible to take the land. As a result, the entire nation was made to wander in the desert for 40 years Numbers 13, 14.
- The First Temple was destroyed on the 9th of Av (423 BCE).
- The second Temple was destroyed on the 9th of Av (68 CE).
- Betar, the last stronghold in the heroic Bar Kochba rebellion, fell to the Romans on the 9th of Av of the year 3893 (133 CE) after a three-year siege. 580,000 Jews died by starvation or the sword, including Bar Kochba, the leader of the rebellion.
- The Jews of England were expelled by King Edward I on the 9th of Av in 1290.
- The Jews of Spain were expelled by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella on the 9th of Av of 1492, terminating many centuries of flourishing Jewish life in that country.
- World War II and the Holocaust, historians conclude, was actually the long drawn-out conclusion of World War I that began in 1914. Germany declared war on Russia, effectively catapulting the First World War into motion, on the 9th of Av.
Ironically, even though the Temple mount belongs to Israel, the actual temple was most likely in the City of David a few hundred feet below the disputed mount. Thanks to my watcher friend Jason, attached is an excellent video that provides overwhelming evidence for the real location of the temple and resolves the issue of how Israel will be able to build the coming temple.
In another prophetic move, Putin signs Syria base deal, cementing Russia’s presence there for half a century.
And… “An artificial intelligence system being developed at Facebook has created its own language. It developed a system of code words to make communication more efficient. Researchers shut the system down when they realized the AI was no longer using English”.
In the words of Jesus as He stated many times, it is more important now than ever to: “And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch”. Mar 13:37